Lawn Tonic

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Capal, May 12, 2004.

1. Capal

Capal LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

This was on our local news this evening. I kinda got a kick out of it but it is a formula for a lush green lawn all summer. I personally don't want to use my lawn as a ginny pig...so if any you brave people out there wanna try it and let me know, great

Lawn Tonic

Here is the formula for those looking for a green lush yard this year ... it is referred to as tonic for lawns in drought stricken areas

One can of soda [NOT diet soda]
    One can of beer [NOT lite beer]
    1/2 cup of liquid dishwashing soap
    1/2 cup of mouthwash
    1/2 cup of household ammonia

All of this is mixed into a 10-gallon hose-end sprayer ... and sprayed onto the yard.

Capal

www.capalslawnservice.com

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i have used a few cans of beer mixed with fertilizer before, and it turns out awsome.

3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I heard something similar on the radio the other day and believe it or not one of the ingredients was human urine. The guy didn't give any details on why the piss was important, but he said it was a "key" ingredient.

4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

That's the Jerry Baker "Grandma Putz" tonic.

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

oh God, here we go again..................

6. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

The urine is full of Urea, which the lawn really likes. Urea is aform of Nitrogen, BTW. Hope this helps.

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Grasswhacker, nailed it on the head. Jerry Baker has a very similer receipe on his book on lawn care. The beer is supposed to help break down thatch.

Gravely_Man