1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Tractor Attachments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Viseras lawn service, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

I have the Craftsman LT2000 42'' Lawn tractor....i see that craftsman isn't highly recommended on these forms, but its great for use around the house.

I was wondering if any one has used the new 2 stage snow blower attachments on these lawn tractors...the tractor has 18 hp and pulls 400 lbs of dirt and rocks on wet turf easily....

the blower only weights 180 lbs......so i don't think it would have a problem in snow, with chains and weights.

Also does the blower work off of the two belts that run the blades? (one to spin the auger and one to spin the impeller?)

Anyone ever use this setup for driveways? i was wondering how it handled and if it was difficult to handle....i know my 10 hp WB blower would probably be quicker but i just would like to fool around in the snow with the tractor. :p
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Take a stab at it or try some homeowner forums to see if anyone else has.

I've never ran any snow blowers on lawn tractors.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Blowing snow a waste of time push it man it is 19 times faster..
  4. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

i completely disagree. i use to push and one day my neighbor who had a blower came over after doing there driveway which has prob 2x more sq ft and finished mine off. you just have to know how to work them.

visera....i dont do removal for any of my commercials or residentials. its a pita. and i use a jd lawn tractor for hauling mulch and debris during my landscaping jobs. i also use it for my house to blow snow during the winter. i have also tried using the plow on it. plow is better as far as clearing until you hit a uneven spot. youll get some bad wip lash. i now just use the blower and it hooks up to the belt that drives my blades. on jd its only one belt to run both blades so i dont know about your set up
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Boy am I glad I can avoid messing with snow for the most part.
    We don't get enough to be worthwhile anyways.