Lawn Truck Build

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GLC, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Ill get some pictures of mine up as soon as I can. I have an 08 Dodge 3500 with a flatbed and dovetail built on it.

2. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

please post pics of that when you get a chance, we have thought about the exact same thing...

3. Woodman1

I PROMISE to get some pics on here today. I have had a CRAZY last week! Any updates on your progress?

4. Woodman1

2008 Dodge 3500

Truck.jpg

Truck 2.jpg

Truck3.jpg

5. jbell36

from KANSAS

dude, nice...did you have it custom made? and how much was it? we have been quoted anywhere from 6-8K, seems ridiculous if you ask me...

6. jbell36

from KANSAS

and what are the dimensions of that bed?

7. Woodman1

Thanks bud!! Everything I have is a work in progress. We have quiet winters for the most part - so I do something different to them almost every winter!! That truck has 14' flat and then the dovetail (almost 4').
    When I got it it was just a flatbed. I have built and built - definitely saved $$$ that way.

8. jbell36

from KANSAS

wow, nice skills, i couldn't tell to be honest...those beds are insanely priced, $7800 for a typical landscape bed, but for some reason it's cheaper if we have it custom made

any tips or suggestions? we are looking to get a 12' with a 4' detachable dovetail...

9. Woodman1

Well then!!! you need to look at my other truck!!! it is on here. let me see if I can find the link..
    sides - do you want permanent or removable?
    dovetail - make the detachable part as EASY and simple as you can or you wont use it!!

10. jbell36

from KANSAS

we are thinking 2' sides that fold down, still unsure exactly how to do the detachable dovetail but have some ideas