Lawn Vac / Business Recommendations

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by r_snowrider, Jul 30, 2005.

1. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have been in business for 2 seasons. I specialize in general clean up, hauling, and some light demolition. Business is going pretty good right now for my stage of development.

I have a question for all of you. I want to get into another area of business this fall to make a little extra dough before winter hits. So I have decided to buy some lawn vacs. The two models I am looking at right now are the Craftsman 4 in 1 chipper blower vac, and the Yardman Chipper Blower Vac. These are relatively inexpensive models compared to some other brands (around $600) but they seem to be perfect for what I want to do. I have a large dump trailer and my plan is to go to the homes with a large amount of deadfall and vacuum it up, then once the is trailer full I'll dump. They both grind up the material into an 8 to 1 ratio which makes me able to fit more into my trailer than with a standard yard vac without the mulching capabilities.

My question to you guys is. Which model is the better bet? They are basically identical. But I don't know which brand has the overall better reputation, Yardman or Craftsman? I was just hoping you guys could chime in on any advice you have. Anything pertaining to my business idea, your experiences with either brand, or another recommended brand. (cost is an issue) I appreciate you help. Ryan