Lawn Vacs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olabob, Feb 5, 2002.

1. olabob

olabob LawnSite Member
    from TX

Do LAWN VACS really work..?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Mine work great. I use Trac Vac 470's on my WBs (Ferris 52"s and 61"s). On my Toro Groundsmasters, one of my part-time people designed a vacuum system for them that works just as well.

3. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, they really work. They aren't the answers to all prayers (wet leaves take longer then dry, obviously - and sometimes they don't like to suck up materials that are extremely light like cigarette butts and so on), but they are definitely an invaluable tool for grass cutters and I simply cannot imagine ever trying to complete a Spring or Fall cleanup without one again.

Stick-niNE

4. Donald R. English

Donald R. English LawnSite Member

I have a trac vac that works excellant. I don't use it for grass clippings, just for fall clean up of leaves. I have different discharge chutes to fit all my mowers.

5. Exmarks ultra vac will pick up grass and leaves great even when wet .
    We have the trac vac on a ztr and and a couple of walkbehind vacs to get into fenced back yards.

6. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I have a Lowes special Agri-fab lawn vac. Been using it a couple of years. I now have the moter and blower set up so I can take it off the machine and set it on my back bumper of the truck and suck leaves from a pile.

The vacuum system is only as good as the mower. If the mower will not pick up stuff real well then the vac will not get it. My Toro does pretty good if I keep the deck clean. Tends to blow out a lot though. With double blades and the vacuum system it sure does mulch the leaves up real good.

I hope to get a Walker or a vac system that mounts on the mower instead of a tow behind model.