1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Vacs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NPC2002, Apr 7, 2002.

1. NPC2002

NPC2002 LawnSite Member

Looking purchase a couple of walk behind lawn vacs. Who makes a good one?Andy:blob2:

2. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Do you want a vaccuum for leaves or snow? <G>

Where were you taking your trailer in the snow??

Just curious.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Do you want a vac for your walkbehinds, or do you want an actual lawn vacuum?
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We run Trac Vac 470's on all our WB's for 8 years now. Only complaint I get from my guys (guys 5'7'' of less) is that it can be tough seeing over the front-mounted collection barrel.

Besides that, they're great. Those babies can suck up your customer's cat if you're not careful. LOL
  5. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Rodfather..could you post a pic of your setup on the walkbehind. I would love to see that..
  6. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

does trac vac have a web site? I have been considering the purchase of a collection system for spring and fall clean up for my exmark WB:)
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

heygrassman...sorry, i don'ty have one available.

But Trac Vac has a web site you can visit.
  8. NPC2002

NPC2002 LawnSite Member

There is still about 12inches of snow on the ground,cant wait for it to be gone so I can get something done!!! In this part of the country there is alot of pine trees and needles,I am tried of raking them so I figured a selfpropelled walkbehind vac will work great??:confused: ps.here is my baby for cutting snow:D

9. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

10. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

thanks for the info on the web site 0ryan0:)