Lawn Vacuems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NPC2002, Mar 20, 2002.

1. NPC2002

NPC2002 LawnSite Member

I need some info on some lawn Vacs, who makes a good vac(trac vac,billy goat ect.). I want to get one for my tractor and a couple walk behinds. What do you have or recommend??Andy:D :D
  2. The Billy Goat is a solid w/b. The only thing mine has needed besides engine maint. is zippers replaced on the bags.
  3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I demoed a quik vac from turf specialties ( and really liked it. It's just like the peco's but without a seperare motor -it runs of the spindles. about $300 less than others and built real well. look into both and decide which is better for you-- or try some others- there's quite a few out there now.
  4. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I vote for the billy goat.
  5. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I can not get the link to work for turf specialties.... does anyone know how to find more info on them?
  6. NPC2002

NPC2002 LawnSite Member

Vacs are something new for me this year, I am in the market for a tractor and have that set up with something. I am going to start with a couple of walkbehinds. I live where there are pine needles and very little leaves, I am tired of raking and I think this is a solution to my problem. Thank for your replies,Andy:cool: