Lawn wast

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass Busters Inc., Feb 10, 2005.

1. Grass Busters Inc.

Grass Busters Inc. LawnSite Member

I live at home and will for a few more years providing I do not get kicked.
    My question is What do you all do with the incredible amount of wast that landscaping can generate ? I live in a yuppie town and can't have wast laying around the yard (too much). My parents have not minded that I turned the living room into an office, the garage into a shop, and the back yard into staging/ nursery.but what can I do with all the brush stuff?

Thank you, any and all suggestions are appreciated. :waving:

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Clippings = mulch the yard, don't collect
    brush = cut into 2 foot sections (or whatever the village/town says) and leave on the curb tied w/ twine.

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I feel for you man. My Grandpa lives in Naperville as well. I'm a country boy- and I hate going to and being in cities... My town is 40k people and thats enough for me. I'm 17 and live at home too. My parents have tolerated a lot, and sounds like yours really tolerate a lot as well (be thankful!). I have taken over our garage, driveway and backyard as well but we have 2 acres and larger driveway than you would have. I have now gotten a shop (30x40 pole barn and nice large driveway) only a mile from home by county roads, so very close for me. I'm very grateful for that and so are my folks :)
    Do they not have any recycling centers around there or within reasonable range? Hmm.... having been to your neck of the woods I can't see how there could be anything near you but there has to be... try to make friends with another landscaper in your area and find out what they do with it.
    Eric

4. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Bag it, tag it, sell it to the butcher in the store, oh.

Really- either bag it or take it to the dump.

5. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Does the Arboretum take mulch or debris. (i think I am thinking the right place- the big garden place on 53 that the salt people built). If not call Du Page county and see if they have a dump. Last time I was up there they still had a place on 88 but I don't know if that is open to the public.

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Town or County dumps dude. Make sure you have your wallet on ya! :)

7. Grass Busters Inc.

Grass Busters Inc. LawnSite Member

8. Matts Lawns

Matts Lawns LawnSite Member

Grass Busters,
    I've been down this same road before. I live in the southern part of Naperville and the solution that I found works the best it take debris/grass clippings to a place called Hamman Farms. They're located on Eola Rd. just north of New York St. It's pretty easy to just drive back there and unload, plus they're pretty reasonable price wise. Its like around $25 for a pickup bed full. Whatever you do though, don't ever, EVER put clippings directly in the back of a pickup. It will start to smell like S%@# and is an unbelievable pain in the ass to get out. I just bought about 8 garbage cans and emptied them once they all filled up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope this helps. I'm having minor problems finding employees and if you know of only solutions, I'd appreciate any help.

Feel free to email me directly at advantagelandscaping@comcast.net

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

You do realize this thread is almost exactly a year old don't you?? And looking at matts lawns post count, it doesn't look like hes around.

10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Good point where do all these old ones keep coming from? FrankenScag just said he retired there awhile back and looking at the first post it is a year old. Are people performing searches and then replyin got really old threads or what ?:dizzy: