Lawn Watering " OUTLAWED !! " in NJ

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SCAPEASAURUSREX, Aug 21, 2002.

1. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Heard today that new restrictions have been placed into effect in Bergen County NJ.... Absolutly no watering of lawns.. However , you can water trees, shrubs, and gardens.. Cant wash cars, have to go to a car wash .. ?? what about my trailer ?? Dont think that would fit ?? LOL.... Pray for lots of rain...............

2. Sounds like the restrictions that just went into place here.
    We still get to water in Sept. 2 hrs a day every 3rd day except sundays. Oct 1 no lawn watering through april 03
    Also just pulled drought permits for new lawn-if you just installed sod might as well till it under.
    + new water prices for single family homes - surcharge after 7k gallons use in 2 months.

This year has been tough-next year will be a war with everybody scambling to survive.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear that. everything is really dry here, even irrigated lawns, but i havent heard too much talking about watering restrictions. Hang in there.

4. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

i agree with conserving water....we are restricted as of now all the way......as for the surcharges, that **** aint right.....some houses use more than others and eventually we will have to flush every other day and let dishes and clothes pile up til end of week.........if this post's twice, sorry but had tech difficulties

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Sorry to hear about all these water restrictions and so much drought. I can say that we have been lucky so far in my neck of the woods. August is always dry here just like everywhere else but we haven't had a drought this year.....yet. Hopefully, everyone will get some good rain real soon.

Just think, over seas it is flooding sooooo bad. El Nino?

6. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like yall have had a tough year. we actually have had a pretty good summer with temperatures that havent gotten too high for long periods of time.

7. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

Can not imagine going through such a drought. Today i had two lawns I could not mow as they were to soggy. I will pray for rain for you guys.

8. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: lawns are so cooked in our neck of the woods there orange. full restrictions in monmouth county as well.

9. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

we have had t storms the last 3 nights we have almost made up for all the rain for this summer in those days makes for soggy mowing

cool weather is just around the corner

10. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

All of the drought regions of the state have the same tougher restrictions now. However, local governments are free to impose tougher restrictions if they choose to. For those in NJ that need the details here is the site: http://njdrought.org/ Unfortunately it looks like we need another Hurricane Floyd to pull us out of the dry conditions.