1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Watering Program

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ztrguy, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Anyone offer a Lawn Watering Program for those that will not pay for professional irrigation setup? I'm thinking of offering $45/month (example..) to water customers lawns a couple times per week. Will include water hoses and sprinklers. Just swing by early in the morning before they wake up and turn them on. Maybe let them run from 5:00am - 7:00am. It would bring in a little extra if you did it for most of your customers. Figure $45/month for 10 customers....that's $450/month. That will make a nice monthly payment on something. Any takers?
  2. DADDY D

DADDY D LawnSite Member
    from NC

your thinking outside the box and thats good! but a few questions who is supplying the hoses,sprinklers etc? keeping them on the truck?leaving them with the customer?
  3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I know you're thinking. It's the only way to come up with something new.
    So, I'm going to play devils advocate ok?
    Are you going to roll those hoses out every day or leave them on the customers lawns?
  4. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Questions have already been answered in previous posts!
  5. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

Sounds like it may be ok. I don't have any customers that would go for it though. Here's my only megative. 10 customers = several sprinklers and hoses to be bought. Inital cost could cut into your profit. I do like the way you are thinking outside the box.
  6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought a bunch of 75 ft. hoses from sears on clearance and a bunch of sprinklers, i do something similar for 3 houses and leave the sprinklers and hoses there for the season, it cost under $100 for all 3 houses plus mine, and is a good money maker.