"Lawn *****"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sprout, Jun 2, 2004.

1. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

Late yesterday afternoon I got a message on my cell for an estimate for mowing, the guy gave his phone # and address, It was real close by so I drove over rather than call. This older man came out, before I could give my name he started in on me."Which one in hell are you"? I said my name, "No what does your ad in the paper say"? I then told him my ad, and said How many have you called? "Hell, I don't know, look over the yard" was his reply. When I came back to the front yard he was standing by the drive way. " I'll give you $70 dollars a month, if you want the job" Sorry, no I can't do it for that. "Well just how damn much you want"? $25 per cut, I said with a big smile. "I'll be damn if pay $100 a month just to cut GRASS". Thats the best I can do, then he hit me with this. " I'll find some guy to it, there are plenty of you lawn whores around". Now I know some of you guys would have told him off, but the old fool was at least 75+years and I know better than that. I have been called a lawn jocky and lawn ape but that was the first time -a" lawn *****". People can be rude, ugly and stupid when they want to.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

kind of a funny story

that is when you wish you had a picture standing beside him, and one day you can tell your story about the man in the picture calling you a lawn wh*re
  3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell him, even whores have their standards...:eek:
  4. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

How many lawns do you trick a day Sprout b/c i am doin about 25 (me so tall, cutty cutty $15). LOL oh man do i crack myself up.
  5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I would have responded fair enough sir there are plenty of rude old people I can go work for as well have a nice life.
  6. EastProLawn

LOL :D Big Time

Kelly, that's a good one !
  7. indmowing

indmowing LawnSite Member

:rolleyes: the elderly can be so funny

Back in his day....
  8. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

With an old coot like that I'd be tempted to fire back at him since it's unlikely he'd remember you or your company and ever be able to give you any bad publicity, but you were probably right not to say anything.
  9. No Sweat L/C

No Sweat L/C LawnSite Member

The worst thing is that he will find more than one to cut his grass!! $75.00 a month is higher than some I run into. Prices in this area are now cheaper they were 12yrs. ago when I started in this business.
  10. EastProLawn

We are all a big bunch of whores ! :blob2: