1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawnaire V

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by dnpqkc, Oct 29, 2012.

1. dnpqkc

dnpqkc LawnSite Member

I am wondering if I got a good deal on this Lawnaire V. The guy said it's an '06 or '07, and that he only used it for a season. It appears to be barely used. My biggest concern is the engine - 3.5 HP Briggs and Stratton. Is it under-powered?

Help me out and suggest how much you think it is worth. That way I can see if I made out ok. Thanks.

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Idk anywhere from $500 to maybe $1800. Depends on how bad you wanted it and how bad he wanted to get rid of it. My dealer has a new one with a Honda for nearly $3,ooo, They're getting expensive!
  3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Most of them have a 3.5- 4hp motor which is enough power. I would say 1200-1400 would be a good deal. If it had a honda, I would pay a bit more for it.

As far as aerators go, ryan is the best in my opinion. I have tried most of them and ryans hold up the best and are simple to run.
  4. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

I would say that if you paid more than 1700, you paid too much. But I'm not a big fan of walk behind units anymore, only small ones for the tight spots.
  5. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I just paid $600 for that model with a new Honda on it ....no kidding but it's older than this one.