1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawnbelt sprinkler

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by pfink66, Jun 2, 2006.

1. pfink66

pfink66 LawnSite Member
    from trenton

I am looking for a DIY sprinkler system and I have seen this Lawnbelt system - WWW.LAWNBELTUSA.COM. Does anyone have any experience with this system?
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

:confused: Oh, come on. Install real sprinklers. Not some lamebrain DIY crapola. :dizzy:
  3. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

this is my favorite DIY system...

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Hah, Lawnbelt is a POS.
  5. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

LOL, i'm ready to start installing those. a whole system in a few hours. who would spend money on this.
  6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Hell... just turn on a hose, leave it out and flood irrigate. Better yet, do it right and put up checks and borders and then flodd irrigate the damn thing.
  7. lawman99

lawman99 LawnSite Member

actually I have heard positive reviews regarding the system. are there specific reasons why Lawnbelt is getting a bad rap?
  8. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never hear of this, but any pipe or any tubing just at or beneath the surface can get destroyed by aerators. A properly designed system takes into consideration other factors such as flow rates and pressure. I'm sure this can work in some cases, but not all. Oh... I doubt that the anti siphon valve would be acceptable as a "backflow device" in most places.
  9. lawman99

lawman99 LawnSite Member

yeah, I guess your right about the aerators. I also wonder if it truly holds up in frigid weather.
  10. canonallen

canonallen LawnSite Member

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead..

but i too am just curious about lawnbelt...

since its been a few years since the last reply can anyone give some detailed input on the pros and cons to this other then what has been stated already?

thanks..much appreciated.