Lawnboy #10323 problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by reconthree, Sep 28, 2010.

1. reconthree

reconthree LawnSite Member

Any help please.

Lawnboy was running fine then slowed, sputtered, and died. Thought it was out of gas but plenty in the tank. Now when you try to start it runs at LOW RPMs and then dies.
    Things that I have cheaked:

1. took apart and cleaned carb
    2. changed plug and checked for spark (good blue spark) but I know these ignition modules have 2 stages
    3. checked all engine seals for leaks
    4. cleaned exhast port
    5. air filter good
    6. compression test at 110psi

Any other ideas you all may have as to what to check would be appreciated!!

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

3. reconthree

reconthree LawnSite Member

yes I did install the gov spring correctly

4. lawnboyman

lawnboyman LawnSite Member

Does the throttle cable move back and forth? The cable could be out of adjustment too.

My first guess would have been the governor spring... Sometimes if they arent put on right they will come right off too

5. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Is the air vane free to move. I have seen some cases where the two screws that hold the carb were tightend so tight that the plastic carb was compressed enough to lock up the throttle shaft..

If the throttle shaft/air vane is free, you may have to rotate the air vane governor adjustment collar so there is some resistance in the governor spring. Do the adjusting with the throttle control in the wide open position.

Also make sure the little short bend on the governor spring has not slipped back inside the adjustment collar.

6. sharkey

sharkey LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Clean out the exhaust port.