LawnBoy 10323

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALEX'S LANDSCAPING, Feb 25, 2012.

1. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, I have a opportunity to buy a LawnBoy 10323 duraforce from my dealer for $250.95.
    The only reason that I am buying a 2-stroke mower is that I need a slope mower because I have been mowing with my 4-cycle push mowers but, whenever I get at a property that has a slope I am forced to mow sideways on that property because otherwise the 4-cycle mower will stall because of oil starvation in the crankcase.
    The mower is in great shiney condition (I saw it).
    The only bad thing about this mower (that I know of) is that it occasionally surges because the jets are too small. (chime in with anything else you know)
    PS.... this mower was never used for commercial work
    Please tell me if this is a good decision/bad decision and why.
    :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

Bump to the top!

3. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

I really need some help on this one!

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

my tractorform.com has plenty of info on how to fix the jet problem. you must install a fuel shut off valve for the fuel and USE IT TO AVOID CARB PROBLEMS. GOOD MOWER OTHERWISE.if you dont use the fuel shutoff-you will have big problems. the jet problem is an easy fix if you know carbs. just replace the low speed jet with a larger and if you still have surging-enlarge the high speed jet

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Nothing a drill can't fix requires some mechanical expertise.:waving:

6. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

Guess I should have mentioned that the jet problem is fixed.
    I am not sure if it has a fuel shut-off valve but I will install one if I end up getting the mower.

BTW: Thank You :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  7. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up a good condition #10247 (push mower Duraforce 6.5hp 2stroke engine). It was previously used on a smaller yard since new and I found it on www.kijiji.ca for $50! One client who I no longer service (he sold out and the current owner doesn't care about appearance), I'd attach a chain to the mower and pull it up/down the hill as parts had 30-35deg incline to it. My 4 stroke's could handle it but after a minute steady on the hill they'd smoke from oil getting into the combustion chamber.

I'd check the used market in your area first as $250 seems a bit high. I know someone had a commercial lawnboy with a 1gal fuel tank for sale locally and was asking $400 for it - it looked as if it was well abused and I'd never pay that price.

I run Amsoil synthetic 100:1 2 stroke oil in my 10247 (real mix is roughly 75/80 to 1) and I've had ZERO problems. Last year the mower only saw about 20 hours of use and is now strictly a backup mower.

8. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

9. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

WOW!
    I looked on kijiji but I only found an 8461 for $400.00 bucks which was a bit high for me (I think it was the one you found). The one at my dealer is in amazing shape and the price too!
    What are the keywords you use because I try eg.. "lawnboy" "lawnboy 2-stroke" "lawnboy mower" and it only gives me about 5 ads?

Not to hijack my own thread but where do you get your Amsoil from?
    PS... If you want to network with some more landscapers from ON you can go to the "network with other people from your area" and there is an "Ontario Landscapers" thread there.

10. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING