Lawnboy gold mowers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Jul 15, 2005.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Ok Now I am not looking for the by a commercial mower instead of complaint I always see. I am looking for a cheap, light, mower that can cut 4" for one particular property. I have a couple of honda hrc216 mowers that run good but the height is just not high enough and I do not want to buy a new 1000 mower when I have 3 that are near new. I need a cheap light weight mower period. Now I tried a search and for some reason it is not working. I will try again later but am looking for some fast input. IF not the lawn boy please indicate other mowers in the 80 lbs range that go up to a 4" cut and under 500. Thank you.

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know which LB Gold you are considering. If it is the staggered wheel model, be sure it will cut at 4". I have a staggered wheel commercial LB, but the top cutting height is 3 1/2". I thought the commercial and Gold models use the same deck and wheel setup -- which leads me to think the staggered wheel Gold will only cut at 3 1/2" too. Check to be sure ...

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

This is the Lawnboy gold insight mower model 10695. It definitly has the 4" height but am looking for maybe some input on how it is holding up. I have checked epionions but only homeonwers post there and want to know how it is holding up to commercial use. Like I said I am mainly using this mower on one account so should last quite a while. Thank you for your post though.

4. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i used to have a LB but the staggered wheel design pissed me off so much when i would go to put it on the trailor and strap it down... it just didnt like to stay in the same spot... so i went and bought a John Deere and it is a great mower... deff. goes up to 4" and cuts better than anything i have ever used! Just something to think about.