Lawnboy L21ZSN

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mtwcutt, Jun 29, 2008.

1. mtwcutt

mtwcutt LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

Guys I was searching craigslist and found a new never used, never gas in the tank, still in the box Lawnboy model L21ZSN year 1992. Manual and a can of oil still in the sealed bag. This guy has had it all this time and never used it. It did not even have dust on it. It is self propelled with some kind of drive rollers? It is also a 2 stroke, Duraforce? Not sure. I bought it for the nostalgia. What would this be worth if anything? I do not want to say how much I paid yet so no one laughs at me if I took a screwing. Any ideas?

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet! That's a rare find for sure! I'm not sure, but 1992 may be pre-toro for the lawnboy. I'd have to research again to see when toro took them over. There's a lot of lawnboy collectors out there, granted a 1992 isn't that old, but to find one that's mint, never used is rare.

I'd love to come across one of the bicentennial lawnboys. I've heard they are red, white, and blue, and pretty rare. If a guy watches Ebay on a daily basis I might come across one, I've heard they are for sale once in a while, but people bring a premium for them, as in 500 to 1,000 bucks.

Just looked, Toro took over LB in 1992... Also, the duraforce didn't come out until 1998.

Pictures??

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

4. mtwcutt

mtwcutt LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

Actually the original receipt says it was bought in 1992. The serial# plate says it is a OMC pre Toro.