1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lawnboy side discharge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jackychan, Apr 30, 2005.

1. jackychan

jackychan LawnSite Member
    from toronto

i was wondering is there some accessory or is there a way to make the 21" lawnboys side discharge a less distance

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

What model LawnBoy? Are you interested in the staggered wheel models? I use a LB, and use discharge where I can, but I don't find the throwing of clippings very far. Perhaps I'm used to my Exmark w/b, which throws 5-15 feet, depending on conditions, blades, etc. If the clipping count is light, then put on the mulching plate and the discharge won't be a problem. The capacity for clippings through that little chute is small, so LB isn't a good discharge mower. I'm looking for more discharging capacity and throw, not less.
  3. jackychan

jackychan LawnSite Member
    from toronto

its the silver series 2cycle dura force mower

it throws the grass at least 6 feet to each side I was wondering

if theres anyway or attachement to reduce this distance

thanks in advance
  4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Use the Mulch Plate Accessory to Eliminate Discharge or Cut a Bit off the Bottom of the Mulch Plate to reduce Discharge....

The Lawnboy is a Great @ Discharge if you Take off that Little Metal Bar that Runs under the Discharge Opening.