Lawnboy trans swap

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Manager1, May 3, 2012.

1. Manager1

Manager1 LawnSite Member

I have 10323 that i would like to speed up. What parts will i need to do this and from what model? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

anyone who thinks this mower is too slow is nuts. there is no kit to speed it up. use your imagination and invent something yourself

3. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't know much about lawnboy.....but you might be able to use the oldest speedup trick in the book.....larger drive tires.....
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Manager1

Manager1 LawnSite Member

Nevermind i found that you can take gears out if a 10552 and put them in the 10323back and it will be quicker.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Unless part numbers have been superceded, you will also need the output shaft from the EasyStride transmission as well--at least the part numbers are different. If you're going to use new parts, the change over isn't cost effective as the output shaft for the EasyStride is $70 and change.

A simpler solution would be a smaller pulley on the transmission--how much smaller would require some pencil pushing.

6. Manager1

Manager1 LawnSite Member

Thanks dutch
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

did this a few yrs ago after reading bout it to a 10323. don't remember the part numbers but recollect it involved switching out 2 gears. worked out good.

8. Manager1

Manager1 LawnSite Member

Barespot the guy that told me this serviced over a 1000friendship lawnboys. He said it just the two gears. They are about 20the a peice. He didnt say anytbing aboit a output shaft.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Manager1

Manager1 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

10. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Manager, not only does the output shaft numbers differ but also the input gear. Check out LawnBoy's website. As I indicated before, it's possible that numbers have been superceded and that can be checked out at a LB dealer.