Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rahtreelimbs, Oct 13, 2003.

1. rahtreelimbs

rahtreelimbs LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

I hear that Lawnboy is on the way out because they can't comply with the EPA. Is this true? Everywhere I look I see lawn services using Lawnboy mowers. Almost all of them!
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

haven't heard that..interesting though
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I heard that is why Kohler is going to fuel ingection instead of carburated engines.
  4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I heard that LawnBoy is coming out in 2004 with Honda engines on them. Idk if this is true but that's what my dealer told me.
  5. rahtreelimbs

rahtreelimbs LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

Four stroke engines may work, but wasn't Lawnboy's rep built on the 2 cycle? I would hate to see them go!
  6. l.b. have been illegal to sell since they could not comply with carb 2 stage requirements in CA.. California has been at crab 2 compliance the last 2 years.

If the deck is ok, can still get a short block, but not the complete unit. THANKS TORO:blob2: Since they bought out L.B. from oyster marine, there r&D hasn't been there. So after a new bout, think this company is gone.

It's a bloody shame since I think for power, weight price standpoint is one heck of a deal.

Most of you guys are now getting hit with carb 2 requirements mandated by federal law.

The era of a 2 cycle mower is coming to a close.

7. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I've always wanted another Snapper with a Robin, since owning a mower that had to be 20 years old, with one of those engines. It was hard to start at times, but the power was great, and the fact that the thing was still running so good showed the quality of the engine. I hope it's not about to be discontinued, before I get a chance to buy one.