1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K c m, Nov 21, 2004.

1. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

How is the cut? I am looking in investing in two 21s and need some feedback. Prolines are about $1100. Those of you running lb's them what do you think?
  2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

for us the commercials are the only wa to go. we use our 21"'s on alot of steep hillsides, so we need the pressure lubrication. they are also more servicable.
    a $1K 21 gets about 5-7 years of service, where a yardman quality machine only lasts a season, two at the most.

if you are only using it occasionally though the cheaper unit is probably a better purchase
  3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I love them, and is all I use. I do high end accounts, and with my Walker I get the manicured look, so need my trim mower to do the same. Many don't like the offset wheel, but I prefer them myself. only complaint, the cables seem to wear fast, but I keep a few extra on the truck. I have my daughter as a partner, and her and her crew love the lightness of these machine too, great on hills. I won a Honda, and man it's soooooo heavy, it's now our cottage machine.