LawnBoyPro- Eat ya heart out!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Oct 10, 2003.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I read where you said you sharpened your Trac Vac's blower, so I had to out-do you, here's my super leaf shredders. They are peices of a brand new hedge trimmer blade i cut up and welded on my blower's fins. a friend gave me a electric hedge clipper with a new blade, so here's what I did. I used it some with standard lift blades (singles) on leaves and it did an excellent job! They were wet too. Now as long as I don't suck up a rock or large stick or a toy, etc. I will be just fine :cool: Can't wait to see how this baby does with double reverse gator blades (going on here in a week or two for the leaf season). After the leaves go through the double gators and through this they will be dust...

oct10427.jpg

2. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting! Did you balance it too? believe me, if you dont make sure its balanced, it will rattle soo loud, you'll be kicking it to see if it will stop. NOW, work on the boot-Needs to be mounted flush against the deck for maximum power!.

Reverse Gator Blades= RAPTOR blades- I use them over Exmark Hi-lifts-Need to flop em so it mulches an ensy wensy bit better-Thn it will be the best mulching combo I've ever tried!

double blades on encore.jpg

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

Heres what it looked like prior to sharpening:

BTW, how come you only have 4 fins? I have soooo much trouble with throwing stuff out of the hopper-too MUCH air!!!

Another thing, the fins on my impeller actually HAVE blades on the end, something i thought was strange when i first took it apart!

Kinda like so on each one-the ends bend up to a sharpened point-guess it helps in air velocity:

______________________________|
    |

trac vac fins.jpg

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

No need to balance it, it runs at least as good as before and each shredder is same size with same size weld, and in same location. Mine's not a Trac Vac brand which may explain the 4 impeller blades. They're straight but narrower where closest to engine (intake area, to allow debris to funnel out to the end of blades and up chute). The boot IS flush with the deck but I know it doesn't look like it in the pics. My reverse gators are not Raptor brand i think they're Razorback's can't remember. PrimeLine carries them, got them at local parts store who uses PrimeLine. Leave your blades on like they are, the high lift cuts cleaner whereas the gator types cut, IMO, awful. For me it never made a difference in mulching with gator on bottom.

5. The Lawn Boy Pro

The fins on mine are also tapered toward the shaft too. Smart Idea to do so.