lawncare book

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mmacsek, Oct 16, 2003.

1. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I received this flier/brochure in the mail the other day for a lawncare book. The title is Turfgrass,Installation,Management, and Maintenance by Rodney Johns. The publisher is McGraw- Hill. Does anyone have this book and is it worthwhile? I was thinking it might be some good winter reading. Thanks Matt
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

nope, don't have it. Ortho puts out some good books though
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The problem with these books though, is that they are so vague. Just like the articles in the magazine publications, it is so generalized. They never get into any specifics. I wish I had a compilation of good college textbooks relating to turf management and soil sciences. Maybe I can trade some good criminal Justice and law books in on some!:)
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

true about them being vague, but they are a great tool for LCO's just starting up that want to learn the basics.

If you hear some good news about the trade let me know :) j/k
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

If you want a good startup program....go on ebay and search for SCAG (the guy is uses spoof wording to sell his products)

They should be the first 3 things or so on the top. Buy the 24.95 one. It is an excellent program and goes from A-Z

Comes in CD ROM form

I am very pleased with it

Good luck
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is a link to the book. Click image for link.