Lawncare Referal Program

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Mar 28, 2004.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Let me know what you guys think about this. Does it work? Does it portray the wrong image to the customer?

Thanks, jason

Lawns R Us, Inc.
    address
    city
    #
    website
    Help us save you money!

With the referrals we have gotten in the past we thank you, but we thought it would only be fair to offer something back to you.

If you refer someone to us and they sign up for a seasonal lawn maintenance program, you'll get a $50 dollar credit on your next bill. If you refer someone to us for a landscaping job you may even get more money.

Respectfully,
    Jason McGee
    Lawns R Us, Inc.

2. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I give 25% per new customer they give me off there next bill, if they give me three people that is 75% off their bill.

I dont like giving a flat rate of money off for one person, it gives them incentive to bring more of their friends to the table!

3. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

% off of what a per time cut?

4. monkey9197

monkey9197 LawnSite Member
    from NY

yea i was thinking refer your neighbors get one weekly cut for free. u losing $20-25 but u getting a new client taht will pay that every week

5. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

My philosophy is, "Money talks". I do something similar to that too. I dont offer $50 though. It's a bit much i think, to offer more than 25-30 dollars. It wont make you go into the poor house to offer that much money, but they will be happy to refer you to someone just to get $20-$25. JMO

6. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I give $25.oo off next bill for every referal that hires us. Has been working so far.

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

That needs to be changed. I know it has variables of job size, but it sounds cheesy. Just do a straight number and be done with it.

8. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

Thanks randy iam going to call you tommorow. Yea randy maybe 25 for lawncare and 100? for landscaping jobs?

Jason

9. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah you get a 25% off your next regular mowing bill for each new customer. If they have a $100 bill, and give me two customers I charge them only $50 the next time I come.
    No pun intended.

10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I also have incentives, but you have to realize that no matter how much you offer as incentives they are not going to proactively go out and tell their friends/neighbors... if someone asks for theirs or a good co, im sure 100% of mine and anyone elses clients will talk but highly unlikely until then.