Lawncare Software

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GravyTrain, Dec 10, 2006.

1. GravyTrain

GravyTrain LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in search of a new software package to help track my customers, their billing, etc. currently I'm on excel spreadsheets, so anything will be an upgrade.

I've come across three software packages and am currently installing the demo for these three: Clip, Groundskeeper and Gopher.

Are there any other packages that you would suggest me looking into. My primary work is as a software engineer/programmer and actually have a software development contracting business as well. My goal is that once I have a bit more experience in the industry, to develop my own software in hopes of helping other lawn care business owners be more productive. Until then, I'm really not sure where to start, and don't want to start re-inventing the wheel just yet.
  2. LawnSite Member

i bought lawn and pest assistant 3. it is like 5k but it is well worth it. i have a palm piolet that goes inthe truck and moniters the crew as well as exact production time. well worth the investment. it was easy to keep track of 215 customers
  3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I am buying Clip for QB as it will not only track projects, routes customers and employees, but also "Manage" the business. It will job cost and that is vital for anyone wanting to grow or know where they are with numbers. It can be done manually but Clip makes it much easier, which means that I will spend more time in sales and running the business, than I will in crunching numbers. By running the business, I am referring to being in the field making sure the work is getting done properly and on time.

Plus the people at Clip have networking (other businessmen & women) which I can get to know and learn from. They are also willing to share business technigues and strategies with their customers, which can be a big help.

It is CLIP for me.

DEROID LawnSite Member

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

lawn pro software
  6. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

I got lawnpro too
  7. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Still researching but thus far it looks like Clip software...subject to change.

8. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Great website! Just want you to know that you have a misspelled word on your home page.

Wheather (Should be whether) you are seeking lawncare, landscaping, landscape construction or regular yard maintenance, RS Lawncare & Landscaping is the right company for the job.

Again, great site just surfing for ideas not imitations.