1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawncare software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by booboy, Feb 13, 2007.

1. booboy

booboy LawnSite Member

How many accounts untill you bought software. After my first year I have about 25 lawns. Hope to double that. I am using invoicing software which seems to work. Is the gopher software the best? Or something else. Is it worth the $$
  2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought my first software alomost nine years ago before I even had five customers, I'm using a program similar to Quick books now.
  3. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

We use Quickbooks for the bookkeeping. In the past we used a speadsheet to keep track of the schedule. This year we are trying Qexpress scheduling software.. I expect a huge reduction in the amount of paperwork. We service over 200 properties.
  4. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

i have 74 lawns and been doing this for a few years. I am buying some sort of software this year.
  5. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought lawn pro software after I got my first customer over 3 years ago and I love the program
  7. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Great software, just need to pay attention when applying payments.

Also, Green 'n Clean, What's the green industry like in Delaware? Was thinking about moving there a few years ago, but didn't think there was much oppurtunity for a lawn biz? Also thought about commuting back to jersey, that was not a good idea! Thanks
  8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Got a question for you. I use Quickbooks and Qxpress also for about 200 properties. How do you schedule mulch, annuals, etc for full service customers? It is getting to the point where I cannot remember everything for everyone anymore. Do you just manually insert these services in once a year?
  9. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

10. DandG

DandG LawnSite Member

I have just used quiken in the past but this year i think im going to try something different this years that is more simple, always got to keep it simple as possible.