1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lawncare software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnPro19, Jan 13, 2008.

1. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

just wanted to see if anyone uses lawncare software like gopher or clip or anything similar and if you find it makes a difference???
  2. All Season Lawn Care

All Season Lawn Care LawnSite Member

i have been using lawn pro works alright and also just make up alot of my own stuff with mic. word
  3. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use gopher it makes life easier
  4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Medlin Shareware Accounting program. www.medlin.com
    I've used it since the DOS days of computing. When compared to
    all the others out there I find it the cheapest, most easily customized and easiest to learn of any of the accounting programs. Their Accounts Recievable and Invoice module is only $45 and if you have a problem you can call the company and talk with the programer directly. I can email my statements or print them on plain paper. I can't say enough good about this program, it's great!
  5. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Been waiting for some gopher updates for some time now but it is a good software for co's with 2 crews or less and just U using it. Larger co's need network capabilitys and routing software etc...
  6. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

lawnpro and spreadsheets
  7. TheLandyman

TheLandyman LawnSite Member

for billing and estimating and bookeeping stuff you could try quickbooks simple start if your a small enough company, its free. Also microsoft has a similar program thats a little bit more confusing but it has some more features which is also free. Also gopher offers a free full version trial might want to check it out.
  8. buy quickbooks pro and rent qxpress untill you get large enough to purchase it
  9. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I use www.landscapemanagementsystem.com

I can store customer info, invoice, and get paid online all from one place. I like it, its cheap, and its easy. (and accepting online payments really sped up my collection times, and made my customers happy)

If you check it out tell them Image sent ya.
  10. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Try groundskeeper pro. I am trying a free demo and I think this is the one I am going to purchase. I tried the free trial of gopher and I like grounds keeper much better.