1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawncare software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gasracer, Feb 3, 2011.

1. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Take a look at Mow Trac, that might be of interest. I haven't tried it, just came accross it a few weeks ago.
  2. i would not trade this for anything. I just qxpress had a iphone app

3. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have about decided to create my own calender because the only thing I want to use it for setting my schedule. I do my invoicing out of Quicken and excel.
  4. i get what you are saying but if you will up grade to quickbooks pro and go with qxpress and you can rent qxpress without having to pay for it so you can try it out you will love it.

If you have several accounts this will greatly help you out because it keeps your schedule for you however you want it to and its very simple if you get rained out to move these to a new day and print a new route list incorporating 2 days into one.

Also at the end of the month or however you do your billing cycle it will take all your completed jobs with a couple clicks of the mouse and automatically create invoices and send them over to quickbooks for you.

It saves me a ton of time
  5. gasracer

This maybe true but my wife does this kind of stuff all day long. She runs Quick books and is a excel queen. She finds using Quicken for my operation as easy as doing it through Quick books. It also works with most tax programs.
  6. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

7. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We were just telling what works for us. I was under the impression that you might be growing and needing a little more efficient system. Looks like you are staying with your current setup.
  8. gasracer

Growing in customers yes. But i am still not "big". I don't have employees yet either.
  9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

allright. I use quicken home and business for finacial and I use gopher for scheduling and invoicing. This is the best setup I have seen for the price. I have had quickbooks on three diffrent occasions invoicing is cumbersome and the learning curve is outrageous. Quicken prints my catgories on one easy sheet I hand it to the accountant and wella all done. Gopher is the best lawn program out there for scheduling, easy learning curve. I have used lawnpro, groundskeeper pro, and clip none of them compared to gopher. Now qxypress looked intriguing BUT the price tag was too much especially when you consider update fees.
    Hope that helps! take it from a guy who has thouroughly studied these programs.
  10. LupineLandscaping

LupineLandscaping LawnSite Member

QXpress is excellent software. Go with one that suits your business.

BEWARE, tech support is SLOW to return calls. If we had the same call back policy as them...every single one of us would be out of business!