Lawncare Tan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottb, Jun 7, 2002.

1. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have had a farmers tan all my life,you know tan arms and neck, ghost white chest and back at least for me. Well now I as many of you proably also, have tan legs except for the area right above my ankle down to my toes white as can be. My wife just loves to pick on me about this and it does kind of look funny. I have gotten used to wearing shorts but I not taking off my boots. So Guess I got to keep this cool tan.
    I know not excatly lco business but if you wear shorts in this business you probaly got 'em too. Just somthing to laugh at.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

From holding the ZTR handles. Check your fingers.

Fingernail, first joint, and second joint are white, joint closest to knuckle is tan!
  3. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah I almost forgot sometimes I wear gloves to help keep my hands from going numb they are fingerless and wrap real tight around my wrist. That leavea funny one too.
  4. plus the band from the watch
  5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Hey! You are right! I've never noticed that before. :D
  6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

My feet are so contrastingly white, they look like a couple of dead fish attached to my legs.
  7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Got one too!
    I always wear jeans well this summer one hot day (real hot) I had a mow and go job, well it was something like an acre or so and then I had to bushhog a couple acres so I thought, hey no trimming, i'll wear shorts and get a tan.. forgot the sunscreen so i got a burn. My brother is jealous of the tan on my arms though! He works at a clothing store in a mall (American Eagle) so he's not out much to get a tan. Need to take off my shirt sometimes on back lots (where professionalism isn't a big deal) and get a tan. I did that the day I burned my legs, on that back 2 acres and put on sunscreen on my back and front, didn't tan a bit but burned my legs - aaarrrgghh!!!:blob2:
    Happy mowing,
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

oh yea what if we did body striping, wear tight clothes that had 1" wide strips of cloth cut out and have patterns and make it look like lawns LOL that would be cool. Wouldn't we draw a crowd at the beach?
  9. Jim Clark

Jim Clark LawnSite Member

LOL! I'm a homeowner who hires you guys to cut mine so I can get a GOLFER'S TAN! Well, actually a golfer's maroon given my red hair and fair skin, never less than a 15 sunblock.

SERIOUSLY, you guys who are not dark skinned need to have sun block on. Get the Coppertone Sport stuff that lasts all day. Skin cancer is a growing problem and can be VERY deadly if it's the melanoma type. In Australia it's at near epidemic levels, REAL problem there as most Australians spend much time in the sun and consider extreme tanning as a way of life.

10. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

I go from winter white to deep tan in about three days. In fact somebody asked me a month ago if I had some indian in me. I just laughed. I don't burn very easily. In fact I can only remeber getting burnt once distinctivly, that was a couple of years ago and I had been on the beach all day.

However I do hate the tan lines. I'm working on blending them in...