1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawngrip Shoes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Lawnman4life, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Lawnman4life

Lawnman4life LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used these shoes before. I seen them on the website. They look good, but how are they? Are they comfortable? How are they on a wet lawn (hills)? They are about 80 bucks, and before I take the plunge I am looking for suggestions. I use an old pair of tennis shoes every year, but they arent waterproof, and by the time I use them for work, they have no tread. Any Info helps..
  2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

golf shoes work well they hold ya nicely on steep slopes !! see ya george
  3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a pair, they hold very well on slopes, provide great traction and are an overall comfortable work shoe. I use Lawngrips for mowing and lighter landscape work. I use Red wings for hardscape and other heavy work.
    Lawngrips are a safety steel toed shoe I just use the boots for the over the ankle protection and they hold up on rough as he!! surfaces.
  4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

anybody have a link for these shoes?
  5. Luvs2Play

Luvs2Play LawnSite Member

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Thankyou very much pal
  7. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I just got mine in the mail Friday but unfortunately i won't be able to give you a review till may sometime when i start using them.:waving:
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well I'd love to have a pair! But they don't come in size 15...
  9. miacharger

miacharger LawnSite Member

No size 15? Someone else is wearing tis size? Now you know why I use football cleats, because only they come in real sizes..LOL

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The best way to cut hills is find a helper with 1 leg shorter than the other.