LawnGrips Frustration!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SLC LLC, Mar 25, 2008.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone else had frustrations with the customer service at LawnGrips? I do like their products, and have several pair of them. However, I have been trying to order another pair of boots for this season, and it has become the biggest headache. I email their customer service dept., and it takes a week to get back to me. Then the problem is supposedly fixed, yet it still does not work. There are sizes that are not available online, etc. It is very frustrating to me the poor customer service that they have. Anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Did you order them directly from lawngrips?..I did once and thats the last time i did there prices are way more than if you order from someone else..Which ones are you looking at the pro's or the new brutes? Lawngrips wanted more more than $150 for the brutes and on www.Gempler.com they are $134 plus shipping and two days later thay were at my door step..also before you order from them they let you know if they have them in stock.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

4. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i need to look into these myself!

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Look at 02Duramax's link and see my opinion. I ordered my original pair from Landscaper Pro and that was the easy part.

Two and a half months later when the side of the shoes started coming apart was when the fun started. They made me ship the shoes back at my own expense ($13). Then after I called two weeks after they received them, they took a look at them and decided to send me a new pair. Everytime I called during this whole process, I felt like they just didn't have time to fool with me. Like I was bugging them.

Although they sent me a new pair (in November), I've still not worn them once. Since I had to wait so long to get a replacement pair, I went to RedWings and bought another pair like I'd had before. I'm still wearing them, they're a better shoe, they fit better, and customer service is 100 times better.

Just my opinion.:)

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

same experience here, they dont last long at all and why should i pay to ship a defective product back and then pester them to look at it once they have it!!!!!! got me some Herman Survivors for 44 bucks and i bet they last longer

but i will miss the traction the lawngrips had, that is it though

7. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

My lawn grips lasted only 7 months. The sole cracked all up. I loved the shoe it was so comftorable. However, the price was way to much for the quality of the shoe. I will be going back to redwings.

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

maybe they will get the hint , when they do, they can contact me agian, hint hint!!!!!!!! you need to make them last longer or way cut the cost to weigh the not so tough factor of the product!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Exterior Concepts

Exterior Concepts LawnSite Member

I bought a pair last year,and after they were about 5 weeks old they started having a sqeeking in the sole of the shoe.They were the low cut style.E-mailed the company they were out of my size but sent a new pair in a couple weeks ,no hassle with sending back but did say they might want me to send them back so they could find the cause of the failure.But after wearing the new pair for about 6 months they still look great but are making the same sqeeking sound in the soul of this pair.Probably won't buy this shoe again because of this problem.