Lawngrips ? has anyone tried them

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mark lagasse, Apr 5, 2006.

1. mark lagasse

mark lagasse LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried these shoes? What do you wear?
    Mark LaGasse
    Mark's Lawn Service
  2. adamthib

adamthib LawnSite Member

I have worn Mocs,Bogs, and Lawngrips and they are the best by far.
  3. Aaron's Lawn Care

Aaron's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'm interested to know too. I've been thinking about picking a pair up for a while. How long do the treads hold up? Do you need to buy a new pair each year?
  4. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I am wondering about them too. I like the look of the tread on them, but it is about comfort for me as well as traction. Anyone else wearing them?
  5. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

My wife got me a pair. I have been wearing them for to weeks. Two things I like about them ,#1 they don't seem to hold the dirt in the treads # 2 they are fast to get off for those fast trips into house. The down side is ,the velcros only come in the low cut shoes.
  6. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I got a pair for me and my son last Oct. so far so good they fit good and hold up real good. The treads came lose on my sons sent them back they send new ones.
  7. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a pair of the lace up ones at the Louisville Expo last fall. I love 'em! they are very, very comfortable, and have a LOT of traction for hills.
  8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I have the low cut slip on lawngrips. got them last novemeber at GIe in Orlando. Most of my walking is on asphalt and concrete, and i think these soles will last a year with my kind of walking. I do get into the turf and get on equipment now and again and they seem to be just as good as my 6" lace up Rocky's I really like the steel toe and they don't seem has heavy as other steel toe boots/shoes. I wish that they made a Wellington style of the lawn grips, I like the boot look more than the shoes look. But very comfy, and my wife likes sicne they don't stink. My feet breathe real good..
  9. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I bought some but have not had a chance to use them yet.:waving:
  10. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

What are lawngrips? I get my shoes at walmart for $10.00, they usually last 6 months to a year.