Lawngrips

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by The Chubster, May 1, 2006.

1. The Chubster

The Chubster LawnSite Member

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I told them at EXPO and GIE to make some without the steel toes. I'd like a pair top wear when hydroseeding.

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Love em....the steel toe box is good, and you realy don't notice the steel toes, they are bit heavier than sneakers, but the slip on's offer no ankle support.

4. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good shoe. Nice price for what you get. But they need to make wide sizes. I have a fat foot, and the steel toe rubs my little toe the wrong way. PR

5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

It says that they are water resistant, does that mean that if you are mowing in wet grass your feet still get wet?

6. MarcSmith

I have the slip ons and i have been in puddles up to the bottom of the neoprene "tounge" area. and my feet stayed dry...

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet, I'd like to get a pair but $90.00 seems like alot for work :walking:

8. MarcSmith

I look at a pair of shoes lasting 12 months, and I'll let myself spend up to 10 bucks a month for shoes....so at 90 bucks its a bargain. If your feet hurt on top of doing your job, then you are not gonna be happy.

I never understood people (not you per say) who would spend all the money they have on the best possible equipment, but then spend the least amount amount on the one peice of equipment that is absolutly necessary for them to make money.....You spend 3-400 bucks on a string trimmer that sees about 3 hours of use a day, but your feet see 8-12 hours of use each day and soem folks cheap out....

I look at sun glasses teh same way. I usually buy Oakley's sicne they are ansi certified impact resistant I spent 50-80 bucks on polarized glasses each year.5-10 bucks a month a nice pair of shades, and most likely at the end of year, they are still in good shape, but I still buy another pair, and now I have an extra pair to keep inthe truck all the time. and at the end of the year, if you shoes ares till in good shape, buy another pair anyhow, that way when one pair gets really wet, you have a dry pair to put on....Nothing is worse than having to put on cold wet boots from the day before. and fo some reason, the wife never let me put my steel boots in the dryer..:)