1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawngrips

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SamTheLawnMan, Mar 14, 2009.

1. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

Lawngrips for me ...finally..
    How do they hold up??
    For the LCO's that use them, how about some feedback??

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I had a pair and loved them, but they did not last very long. I think they started seperating from the soles at about 5 months. I might give them another try though, just because they were so comfortable.

3. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

I have some that I am going on my 3rd year using and they are just starting to leak a little. They are well worth the money....Just my 2 cents.

4. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I have been wearing them for 4 years. I go though about 1 pair a year. There is hardly no break in time. They are so comfortable me and the wife ware them just about everywhere.

5. Right Touch

Right Touch LawnSite Senior Member

i bought one pair two years ago in the spring and the sole separated after only a couple months. I called them and they sent me a brand new pair free. Then those did the same thing. Maybe it was an isolated incident but after the second time i went the kmart and bought a pair of $20 boots and they lasted me the rest of that year, last year, and I am still wearing them today. Also, They advertise to be very slip resistent, which they are to a point, but i was using them with my 36 wb and a catch full of wet grass, tried to pull backwards to turn, and slipped on dog poo, i fell and my foot almost went under the deck- so they arent the end all of boots in my opinion.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

no, they dont last, been there done that. never again for that money

7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy a pair of Red Wing waterproof high top boots every yearor two. Soles wear out after about 6 months so I switch to another pair and resole the others at 50 bucks each time. I can resole 3 times before the upper wears out. They are high....just went up to 199.00. When I found them, they were 159.99 I have tossed 2 pairs so far and have 3 in rotation.

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Man, that would have been scary !!

9. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I just bought a pair on ebay...This guy had a pair that were new and he never even wore and was selling them....just happened to be my size...picked them up for $29 with shipping.
    Guess i'll give them a try for that price.
    Thanks for the opinions.

10. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Good shoes. . . I bought a pair last year of their steel-toed boots - very comfortable, lighter than my last pair of boots, and they seem to be holding up fine so far.

Maybe a bit too expensive, but if they last me another year, they'll be better than my last boots. . .