Lawnmower Racing

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by petekief, Sep 21, 2005.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

wonder how much interest a forum on this would get???
    I'd read it alot wouldn't post much. only have questions and an interest at this point??
    What do you think???

2. git er done landscaping

git er done landscaping LawnSite Member

i doubt they would do it here but look on yahoo groups. quite a few of them there plenty of reading.

3. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone on this forum do this from SC?
    I need someone to let me know what I can and can not do in SC.

Build Help?

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Well, You can check the link below and get a idea of some of the rules.
    http://www.letsmow.com/

5. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I enjoy watching the races on TV, but there are 3 things that are holding it back here.

1. There are no tracks other than go-kart dirt tracks to run on. Most of the dirt go kart tracks around have gone out of business. It's been at least 10 years since I went to one here.

2. Most people are not going to take a working mower out of service to soup up for racing.

3. The parts are expensive, and the time to work on them is scarce unless you're retired or well-off.

I am definitely interested, but my love in motorsports is tractor pulling, full size, antique, and garden tractor pulling. I have a Cub 73 that I will be running in the stock classes over the course of the next year or so unless someone would like to take it off my hands for a nominal fee. :D

6. git er done landscaping

git er done landscaping LawnSite Member

some of the prices for parts are scarey!! i was looking on USLMRA. on yahoo groups and they were selling used motors for 3 grand!!!!! but i guess entry level isnt so bad.

7. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

A built Kohler pulling engine (50+hp) from Midwest Super Cub is $3895 with a core.

8. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I just did not see the high cost considering most of the parts have to be stock and when pulley's and such are replaced it looks like they are less then 25$. I am sure the FX class is high dollar but the others look pretty reasonable for a weekend of fun and something to tinker with over the winter.

I would agree. A forum over here for this would be pretty cool if there is interest in it.

Sean could hold the LawnSite 400.

9. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

i got a chance to see them here in town couple years ago. real cool. i always wanted to do something like that.

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I have a tractor ready to be turned into a racing mower, just need help doing it cause i don't know what im doing!!