1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawnmowers in the next sweep of EPA regs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Roger, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

2. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Oh brother..:dizzy:.

So now an inspector's out to get me. Sniffing out exhaust from my mufflers. My old chainsaw will probably overwhelm his tester.

When is it going to end ?? :cry: They leave old banger locomotives and airplanes alone and pick on us guys with 25 cc engines.
  3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

All these frickin tree huggers just keep kicking the country in the nuts, over and over and over and over and over and over. It is bullshit, and HAS to STOP. F*** Al Gore, and the EPA, and carbon bullshit. That is all it is, pure BS. Al Gore is a hypocrite, I can't stand him. Every day I wake up and say "thank christ al gore wasn't elected".
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Local dealer is heavy into putting on Propane....he approached us about buying a couple units at this time and it looks like they will get a grant for the add-on equipment. His sales pitch is just park them in the shed and sell them new in spring and make a couple grand on each one.
  5. Blunt

Blunt LawnSite Member

wall street journal isn't a reliable source of news any more. It was bought out by the owner of fox and cronies.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

We are F****D!!!
  7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Disband the EPA. Those F'ers are as corrupt as the people selling and setting the prices for out fuel! Here EPA, an easy answer to all the "emmisions problems" in the world. Make electricty and fuel of any kind go away, just take it all away. Then we can all like the wilders on little house on the prarie. Won't it be so quaint... And the air will be so crisp and clean, other than the rotting smell from millions of dead people.

I don't know what to fear most anymore, out recession we are in and plunging deeper into every minute or the EPA trying to take over our lives. We are literally just a couple years from being what Communist Russia was in the early '80's!
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No we're not, but the solution is as sick as this mess.
    Because we done been through this asinine idiocy of utterly bovine moron ism before.

Back in the 1980's the same mess got started, our cars polluted too much, and what did we do?
    Get this:
    They added Air pumps to our cars.
    That is, an extra device that increases weight one, costs money two, and robs engine power three...
    And all of this for what purpose?
    To INJECT clean air into the exhaust manifold ...
    So as to pass (read: CHEAT) EPA regulations.
    Because they measured pollutants per volume!
    So once they added clean air to said volume the percents were in line.
    And some folks might think that's great but it's not.
    Because the cars still churn out AS much pollution...
    If a car produces x amounts of carbon per mile driven then whether you pump fresh air into it to dilute it or not the pollution per one mile driven is still the same in actual x quantity of carbons. Sure, the percent of carbons to air is lower but that's only because now there is more air, and we put it there to begin with...

I ain't never heard of a more ridiculous thing, even today some cars still sport this POS device,
    they come with it from the factory, it is not against the law to remove it but if you do then your
    car won't pass the smog inspection which is even dumber because most states don't do this!

That's what makes me sick, it costs money to get around it and then the cure is as bad if not worse than the problem.
    You want less pollution then how about enforcing smog inspections?
    Guess that one was too simple for the Washington think tank.

Now I like this guy:
    I love it, oddly enough flatulence is exactly what crossed my mind as I was reading that article concerning pollution.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

thats just plain stupid
  10. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

Millions of children/people are dying of diseases, starvation and abuse/regional violence every day and there are people who are worried about a piece of equipment that gets used for only hours a day for a few months out of the year, and that alot of people don't even own or use on a regular basis/or for extended periods of time.

Hey EPA go bother people who are actually causing a problem, now if you excuse me i'm going to go put that straight pipe on my truck