Lawnmowing Strictly

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenHor7, Aug 8, 2007.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys doing lawnmowing strictly without offering landscape services.

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

How can you? Inevitably I get asked for bids on landscaping jobs. Even if I wanted to, I doubt that I could stick to just mowing. Landscaping pays good $$, too. :weightlifter:

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I tried. Landscaping pays great. I thought about becoming a landscape designer.

4. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

About 98% of what we do during the season is just mowing. We do leaves in the fall and some bush hogging during the season.

5. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

I do just mowing.

I did landscaping a lot as a younger swingset, but working solo and part time I can't devote the time it takes for installs and landscaping, and I don't do enough to warrant the hassle of fert. & spray. So I just stick to mow & go. I don't know that I would be able to survive just doing it, but I don't have to and I'm lucky that way. I don't work a full day that often, so for me it's actually more profitable to stack up 8 accounts in a day than it would be a single landscaping job that ate up my whole day.

In truth, in my area there's enough "just mow" accounts I don't really feel the pressure to do more. Once and a while someone asks for landscaping, but not that often.

I do some pruning and removal, but that's part of mowing AFAIC.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have been getting all kinds of calls for flower beds and such...
    I took on a hedge trimming job that I wish I didn't,

I bidded it at 500.00 thinking that the lady would say WHATTTTTT

but she said ok when can u start...

I'm going back to jsut mowing, It's what I like to do, and I can make more money at it.

7. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I do just mow and go primarily.

The extent of my landscaping is the occasional mulch job or some hedge trimming. I am solo and this is my only income so I know it can be done.

I do leaf removal in the fall and plowing in the winter but no design or installs on the landscaping.

8. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

More than mowing here, but no landscaping.
    Lawn Maintenance includes leaf removal, re-mulching, re-seeding lawns, fertilizing, aerating, pruning.

A bit more than mowing, but no landscaping. Not ready for that much labor, and you need a home improvement licensce to do so.

9. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Mowing only here. Too old to start doing landscaping, plus I really don't know anything about it, and am simply not interested enough in it to learn. :)

10. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Mostly all mowing. I do a small amount of bush trimming.