LawnMowingOnline

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mwalz, May 7, 2014.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

But, he will do your brakes and get you satelite tv too. I'm digging the ala carte menu. I wonder if he scrubs grout?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

Yep he's tolling. It just hit me. He said making $40. - $45.00 a lawn. How many lawns does that mean you have to do a day to make $45.00 with a push mower if you charge $5.00 per lawn. Even if your truck / mower / trimmer, everything ran off electric you would have to do 9 lawns a day at $5.00 to profit $45.00, which I'm sure you couldn't do with an electric mower by yourself. Even if you some how could do 9 lawns a day with an electric mower by the miracle of god, then you would not be able to do free lance work online because you would be working from sun-up to sun-down. But let's get real, how much is it costing you in fuel for each lawn? How much in oil / mix for the two strokes? How much for trimmer line? How much in gas to get to the lawn? So what are you profiting $2.50 tops per lawn. That isn't just a disgrace to the business, but that's a disgrace to your own self, kind of like disrespecting your own self saying that your work is only worth $2.50.

3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Hi Mrs Smith, I just mowed your lawn for five dollars. I also noticed your Windows need cleaning, tire pressure on your SUV is low and your strainer is full of dishes. I can do these additional services for $15....... :D

Is there anything you CAN'T do?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Are you a legal business? Pay taxes? Insurance?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Entrepreneur insurance.

:D

6. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Always entertaining. Just went through this entire thread and I'm LMAO.

"dollar menu"<<<< Priceless!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 04fivefour

04fivefour LawnSite Member

How are the additional services billed? Do you invoice them or are they under the table? Having multiple businesses and not paying taxes on one of them is a good way to get the IRS at your door for all of them.

9. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Thread title needs changed.

There isn't one (serious) post in this thread that has anything to do with what the OP asked. LOL

10. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Subscribed to see what happens here.
    Posted via Mobile Device