LawnPro Software glitches anyone?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by One of Three, Jun 28, 2006.

1. One of Three

One of Three LawnSite Member

I got LawnPro this past April and have found it very useful for the most part. A couple things I don't like are those few glitches it has throughout. They are small, random things, but they add up to be annoying. Please tell me it's not just my copy...things like scheduling a customer can be difficult when the calendar gets covered up by a drop down menu and editing a customer's description is sometimes blocked off. Great for keeping up with reports though.

2. BoothsLawnCare

BoothsLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have been using LawnPro for a while now and have had some of the same things you talk about, but not that often and I have not had the problem about editing the customers. I really like the program but the support sucks if you ever have a problem or question it will take at least a week to get anything from them if at all. Example I had a problem with my computer and had to reformat the hard drive and have been emailing them to get another copy to put back on my computer, with no response at all and that has been emailing twice a day for three weeks now. I think it is a real good program with everything rolled into one, but just needs a reliable company to stand behind it which it dies not have, so beware. I am looking at other programs to get now, but not sure which will be about the closest to LawnPro for the invoicing, scheduling and reports any suggestions on a new program would be most appreciated.
    OK I'll get of the soap box

3. One of Three

One of Three LawnSite Member

You might try going back in your e-mail where he sent the link. You could download it that way. But he also mailed a cd-rom version. If you still have your activation code, I can find the link for you.

4. BoothsLawnCare

yeah, I don't have the old email and the CD I received back when I first purchased the program was corrupt. It's just ashame that they do not have any support or anyone who reads and responds to the emails their customers sent. If you have the link I would like to try that
    Thanks

5. GotToGoMow

GotToGoMow LawnSite Member

You can get the new version of LawnPro at no cost from them.
    (even on CD)

Email to patrick6@bellsouth.net
    I've emailed him on that and got an answer back within an hour.

They don't answer some email accounts very quickly because they get 400+ emails a day (a lot of them junk).

Jim

6. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

When was the new version available? Just recently or has it been the same for a while?

7. GotToGoMow

GotToGoMow LawnSite Member

I just looked and it doesn't show it on their site yet but I am pretty sure it's brand new. (it looks different than the first verison I had)

He gave me my copy less than a week ago.

8. 29 Palms Property Management

I just emailed him. I'll see what he says. I purchased this program around last October.

9. BoothsLawnCare

Thanks GotToGoMow I just emailed him, hopefully this will work

10. 29 Palms Property Management

Yeah, sure enough. Alot better upgrade. I like it! And I got the import program to import info from LawnPro 1 to LawnPro 2.0. Patrick's a hell of a guy. We exchanged emails 4 times with in 36 hours. Very quick response!