1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawnpro Software Problems?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LushGreenLawn, Jun 12, 2006.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone had problems activating the lawnpro software? I get an error message when I try to activate it, and I cannot get an e-mail response from the maker of the software.

Also, are there any other good programs out there that are inexpensive? I might get a refund for this software and buy something with better support

2. flalawns

flalawns LawnSite Member

it took me 4 or 5 tries to get this working. it kept saying i entered this wrong and that wrong. he did respond to me promptly every day. it is not you, its the website i believe. it works ok for me i only have 41 residential accounts, make sure you have plenty of ink for your billing-very large, i guess for the old people in florida. good luck:drinkup:
  3. One of Three

One of Three LawnSite Member

For only $58, I think it's a good buy. I've found other glitches in this software, though. A few things I don't like about it is you can't have more than one property per customer, which would come in handy when working with property management companies. Also, sometimes the calendar messes up when trying to schedule someone. It also doesn't have an option for any type of promotions or percent discounts for when giving customers a referral discount. These are only minor problems, but I've talked to the guy who operates it and he said he's working on fixing these. Who knows if he really is!? I would recommend it for most companies that do just lawn maintenance, but if you do landscaping and property managers, I'd look for something else until the update comes. Good band for the buck though!
  4. DistLawns

DistLawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I haven't had any problems with it mysesf, I think you can't go wrong for 58 bucks.
  5. Reliable Lawns

Reliable Lawns LawnSite Member

He has always been great at responding to my e-mails. I thought they were coming out with a new update for it, he said it was going really out do the original version. I hope it comes out soon, I also would like to have more properties under one company that I do work for. Although you can put them under the item description part of it, and just pull that up each time for invoicing. Works good for me.
  6. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with that. I have 4 different real estate investors that I do work for and I have from 4 - 13 properties with each one. Kind of a pain in the butt not being able to put them all under one company name with numerous addresses. We can hope.