Lawnpro3

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by StBalor, Feb 14, 2008.

1. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I seen in another post that a few of you were useing this. I have tried the trial version but did not like it much. Maybe it's just me so i have a few questions.

1. With lawnpro2 when your entering the customers info you can tell it when to print the invoice. Like per visit or monthly. I have added customers in LP3 but there is no where for this option. Am i over looking something? I have added a few test lawns and when they're due to be cut, i can mark them as complete but the invoice does not show. I cannot figure this out. Can you guys shed some light on this problem?
    More questions to come.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i am intersted in seeing the replies you get and i am investingating in my thread about different programs and ease of use and capabilities . i may have ?'s about lawn pro for you as we dont use any program except quickbooks

3. StBalor

No one knows? or it can't be done? Seems like you would need this in a program.

4. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

On the customers page- in particular the properties page- you can dictate how often you would like an invoice to be determined. For instance, if you bill monthly you would put the following: DATE: Put the date you would like to run the invoice, TYPE: Invoice Reminder, START TIME: 12pm END TIME: 12 pm, REPEAT: Every Week of Month whatever you want- just make sure you check the box, SUBJECT: Invoice for Blank Home, and finally DESCRIPTION: Create Invoice for Blank Home.

Now, the Invoice reminder will pop up on the date you chose on the main screen to the left. You would then double click on that and it will take you to the create invoice screen where you would choose the dates of service (usually you would highlight all of them) then click create invoice and there you go. An Invoice usually cannot be created if you have no completed services for that property. You can also create an invoice by clicking Manage Invoices, then clicking Add, then putting in all customer information etc, and then Clicking Insert Visit date which is in the middle of the program. This way is a little more complicated and I have never really done it this way, but I know it works. The easiest way would be to do it like I mentioned in the beginning. The program has a help under the Help Menu if you need it. It took me about a month to finally get the grasp of the program and I have been using it for a number of years now. I started with LawnPro2 and have 3 now, of which I prefer because it can print out the invoices in such a way that I can use #9 Window Envelopes for sending estimates, invoices, letters, etc instead of having the extra cost on labels.

I hope this all makes sense, if not just PM me with your e-mail and I will be more than happy to explain any other questions of this question in more depth.

5. StBalor

I have read this and followed it. It's pretty much the same as in lawnpro2. I added a few sample customers and marked their service fro today and also added the invoice reminder for today. The problem i am having is when i go to the who to mow today page, i mark all jobs complete. Then when i go to the invoices to be created today page i see the invoices to be created but when i double click any of them it says there are no history entries that have been marked complete.
    So then i try the invoice properties tab and it tells me the same thing.
    What am i over looking?
    This will be my 3rd year useing lawnpro/lawnpro2. Lawnpro3 seems to be a bit more difficult to use.

6. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

Good Question...I haven't tried any mock trials with 3 yet so I may have the same problem also. Good thing I still have LawnPro 2 still loaded and ready to go. If you e-mail Patrick- he would be able to help you. He has always been there for me with my questions.

7. StBalor

Ok, sent patrick an email. Will let you know what i find out.

8. StBalor

he put me in touch with support. They sent me a link to the newest update. Now that part works fine. Let you know if i need any thing else.