Lawns are cookin here!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Jun 25, 2005.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: well last week the lawns took a beatin, but are the past few days of 90+ heat and hot sun the lawns that looked so so are really startin to stress and the stressed one are totally burned up, loks like well get caught up on all of our sidework in a week or 2. tony
  2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

My lawns that dont have a lot of shady spots actually crunch when you walk on them.I think im going to be skipping a lot this week.
  3. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

Burnt to a crisp here in lovely Baltimore. :blob2: May be able to cut a few next week but it ain't looking good!! The good news is, looks like some rain next week. :D Way to early in the season for this crap. Tony
  4. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Yep no rain in 2 1/2 weeks everythings brown. I feel bad for my neighbor who hires out his yard and they come every week regardless of the weather. He had such nice grass but then they were driving their 3 huge Z's and 2 w/b's all over it and now its gona take a lot of work to get it looking anywhere near good again.
  5. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

Mowed a lawn today that hadn't been watered all year! We had been getting some rain here, but not lately. I had to tell the customer to either water it or I would see her next year.
  6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have a couple that are turning. I saw my foot prints so that's enough for me.
    I have noticed though, my fertilized lawns are holding up better, none are irrigated.
    We're supposed to get some rain over the next couple of days and that will be good.
  7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Our fertilized & irrigated lawns are in good shape. Full sun lawns are getting brown. A lot of my lawn at the shop is in full sun on a slight berm and it is toast (no irrigation). The areas in the shade there are still going strong. My mowing crews are getting a bit nervous. They never offered to help out the scape crew(s) earlier, they'd get their work done & split. Now they think I should let them help out w/ landscaping & pruning. I guess I'll take on more work. *5% of my maint accounts do have us prune. I have signed other work for pruning & mulching only. I also have my vacation & 3 others will take some pd. vacation.
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Better be careful mowing grass under stress the big units will actually kill the grass in the tire tracks. At least that is what happens here in Texas with the St. Augustine grasses. We have had three weeks over 90 and more to come.
  9. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

we be fried... did 5 whole lawns this week!
  10. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

No rain here in 3 weeks and 1 day.