lawns are getting spotted

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jun 22, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I used Lesco's fert this last treatment, 24-?-12 I think? with Iron. I have went back to look at some of the lawns and they all seem to have yellow spots throughout. Any thoughts as to the cause?

2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

what is the humidity like? With a high N fert in humid conditions you may have induced a fungus

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I spotted my lawn yesterday --- it was still there. :laugh:

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

No insects? Fungus? Got pics?

5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Brownspot perhaps?

6. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

It is Dollar Spot. I am in the same area. It is rampant right now. Need fungicide. T Storm from Lesco 2 oz/gal.

7. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

No, these aren't large spots, they look like small quarter sized burnt spots like something went wrong with the fert. I do have some dollar spot in one of the customers I just picked up though.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

When you get into the 90F+ I have found that the high nitrogen will burn the St Augustine. I used high nitrogen with chinch bug control last year and won't do that again.

9. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Yes, that and summer blight. Alot of people's yards are also in poor shape due to the drought from last year--the soil(clay) is shrunk and tight. It is diffucult for the grass roots to grow in those conditions. I've told my clients to water, get a core aeration, and then follow-up with a pulverized gypsum application. This combo has really softened the soil. From now till August, Armada 50 and/or Bayleton is the way to go for fungus.

10. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA