LAWNS MOWED - $18. Any size.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

There's a new add right below mine in a paper I advertise in. It says:

"LAWNS MOWED - $18. Any size. Trimming $10 extra. Work is meticulous. 35 years experience. Call Mark in ______ XXX-XXX-XXXX."

Absolutely ridiculous! There are places in my area where the minimum allowable lot size is 2 acres. But what if it's 4 or 6 acres???

If this person's quality was any good, I could send him all my jobs and sit on my butt all summer and make more money than if I mowed them myself.

:D

2. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Darryl, where in CT are you at? Some areas of CT I doubt anybody would call as they aren't interested in prices.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

FB - Old Saybrook area. My cuts range from $25 to $150.

It seems people are being cheaper this year when I'm asking more $ to cover higher expenses. I had one wealthy customer actually ask me for an estimate for the first time. Usually it's just do it and bill me. He even had to lay off his driver.

4. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

Is this guy related to Earl Shives

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

It's a scam and has been here before. Call them, sure they'll mow for $18 but everything else is extra, trimming, blowing down, edging......

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

$18 per cut, and $10 xtra to trim, thats $28, u go as low as $25 u said. maybe he just avoids the larger props.

7. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Start subbing work out to him! I don't know how anyone can make a living cutting $18 lawns. It seams that you would have to cut a large number of lawns every day!

9. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Must be a mob tax shelter cause there is no way they are turning a profit unless they avoid big lawns.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Well then...perhaps you should talk to this guy? What have you got to lose? Maybe he does in fact avoid the larger props like bobbygedd said. Throw him a few of your small ones and maybe get the big ones he doesn't want.

Think outside the box, darryl...