Lawns per day?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by the ace, Mar 16, 2005.

1. the ace

the ace LawnSite Member
    from usa

Using a 21" self propelled, how many 1000-1500 square foot yards can be done in about a ten hour day? This includes edging, trimming and blowing the walkways. Also they are all in a five mile radius.

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably about 12, but it really depends on you. I think it would be a long tiring day though.

3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

start over, and try at least a bigger mower man you'll die

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

but 1,000 - 1,500 square feet lawns? that's pretty small, and I think the 21" might be the best choice here. (depending on lawn layout)

I'd say you could whip through a few more than 10 a day being this small. probably closer to the 20 range. this is a shot in the dark though, as it depends on the amount of trimming, blowing etc. and operator experience and efficiency.

5. the ace

the ace LawnSite Member
    from usa

A bigger mower is not an option, small gates do not allow for this unless you can lift your bigger mower over the chainlink fence! In which I'd have to say you'll die by the end of the day! :D

6. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

With a 2 guy crew a 1500 sq ft yard should take less than 12 minutes. Without busting your butt you should easily get 30 done a day.

7. amw

amw LawnSite Senior Member

how about a 32 or 36 inch..?......(W/B)
    they usualy fit MOST gates...
    and their much more productive (sp?) and less work on the opperator..

8. the ace

the ace LawnSite Member
    from usa

My next size up is a 48" but these gates i'm guessing are about 30 or 36 inches, either way it would be awful close.

9. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

If your looking,i'm going to be selling a 32" floating deck Toro...Haven't found a gate yet it wont fit through

10. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

I a few lawns that are this small and they honestly take under 10 minutes with 2 people. Most of the time is spent unloading and starting up the equipment. Figure around 4 an hour if there is travel time between each stop, and upwards of 8 per hour if you really hustle. If they are motivated, count on 5 an hour so 35-40 a day.