Lawns Per week of a solo Operater

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greatdane612001, Nov 20, 2002.

?

Lawns per week for a solo

1. 10-25

25 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. 25-40

34 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. 40-60

22 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. 60 or more

9 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Greatdane612001

Greatdane612001 LawnSite Member

I was wondering What's the average Lawns per Week does a Solo Operater do per week, I was just wondering I do about 75 (during the growing season)and i was wondering If that's about average?:blob3:

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

the size of your lawns have alot to do with the number you can do. If you have 1/4 acres lawns, you can do substantially more than if you do 1+ acres.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I am in the 25-40 category, but most of my lawns are aroung 1/2 acre in size, and none are smaller than this.

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

the bigger the mower the more lawns you can do.i use my 60 inch z on almost all my lawns big and small.the customers i have don`t care they just want there grass cut.i do close to 20 lawns a day most of them are right next to eachother which is a big plus
    but i would get a ztr and customers that are on the same street.thats the best way to get u in the 60+ range

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

25-40+, most of my lawns are 1/2 to 1+ acres.

6. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the guys I ask around here say 40 properties for a solo operator. Some of the variables would include, how big are they, how close are they to each other, what kind of equipment do you have, what kind of extras do you do and how motivated are you.

7. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

75 yards a week by your self seems to be alot.Are you working on sunday and mowing very small lawns"less than 1/4 acre".Thats the only way i can see one man mowing,trimming, edging ,and blowing everything off at 75 yards per week. Just seems a little unreal to me!I can tell you that the guys maintaining the 40 propertys are working alot less hours than you and probably making alot more money. I am just saying all those 75 must be side by side and VERY TINY LAWNS. :rolleyes:

8. LAWnENFORCER

LAWnENFORCER LawnSite Member

I have 4 comm and about 18 res. All of my res. range from 1/4 to 1 acre. I maintain all of these pt.

Kevin

9. Greatdane612001

Greatdane612001 LawnSite Member

The lawns I have alot of them are close together for the most part of this year i had about 50-60 and i was fine w/that but a friend of mine is getting out of mowing so he gave me about 25 more, I'll hve to see how it goes next year my goal is about $1500 and for being 20 years oldI think that's not t bad!!!!!!:D

10. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

Not working solo anymore but when I was I could get in about 50 a week.