Lawns turning brown!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smallstripesnc, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I use molasses quite often... wonder if it works along the same principle???

2. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Do yourself a favor and get those hands fixed. I had CT surgery finally after getting to the point of not being able to sleep. Best thing I've done in years. Of course plan on not being able to do anything for about a month and without insurance your looking at $10K per hand, but it's worth it. I still use WB and stander mowers with Z style controls, but I can not use the older grip ones if I want. Biggest thing is I can sleep. Of course I still have arthritis, but one thing at a time.

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I am betting on Glycerol being the main product in this lesco product since it is so abundant

4. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

What size container are you purchasing of the moisture manager? Which one are you buying, hydretrain es, hydretrain es plus, or hydretain es plus II? have you seen good results? How often do yuo have to apply it?

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Only if you want to sell ant baits later. :laugh:

molasses is a good carbon magic bean.

Honestly some sugars are good but I doubt you are getting the same result. Not even sure how good this result will be until I now more.

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I use molasses to help break down thatch
    say I did Football field is now becoming Turf

7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

How's this for "brown"?

My back yard...

[​IMG]

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Nut, thats bad man.
    KBG?
    This year seems to have so much widespread drought.
    Not as bad here, but still mild drought.

9. 2stroked

2stroked LawnSite Senior Member

Damn Oak Nut, that's bad. Lawns here are brown too, not surprising since it's been 100 degrees.

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

It's looked like that for several weeks now. It crunches when you walk on it.

My front yard is doing OK. It's only about 30'x30', so I've watered it and it looks better than most on my street, but I can't afford to water the back too, so it just turns brown.

Driving down the street yesterday I really took note of all the completely brown lawns. Nobody here in my immediate area irrigates, so that's all you see.