LawnShark Leaf Collection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wolfmowing, Jan 31, 2008.

1. wolfmowing

wolfmowing LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used a LawnShark XTL Leaf and Litter collection system? Do they work????? Their website is www.lawnsharkusa.com

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

One expensive machine for something that does little to nothing. you can tell by the video how big of a waste of time and money it is. You would have to empty the bag once every minute, and it doesn't even get everything up. Nice idea, but it is just another example of where novelty outweighs practicality.

3. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

how does it do when the yard is covered and at least a foot deep and packed ?

4. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I used to own a Billy Goat and am currently using the bagger on my Dixon to pick up leaves. I assume that there is no comparison between the Goat and the LawnShark. Wet leaves are an issue with either machine. I am also a solo op and need to make the most of my time.

Are the wet leaves a huge issue or does it have enough hp to get over that obstacle? Not packed leaves,just a lite coating.

Does it mulch the wet ones good?

It will be great for doing some of my rear yards that the ztr cannot get into but overall is it faster doing clean up with the Shark vs the ztr?

I know each mower is different but in a general sense.

Thanks in advance.

5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

wow what a waste!! get a blower and leaf loader!!!!

6. wolfmowing

wolfmowing LawnSite Member

I talked to the manufacturer, they said this last fall an end user cleaned a lawn with six to eight inches of leaves after four inches of snow had melted away on them. They said the primary cleanup was good. Did anyone demo it at the GIE last year?