1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawnsite.com Convention...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Up North, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Sean, Chuck & whoever else,
    Any thought of doing a Lawnsite.com conference or something like that? I'm sure the sponsors would be willing to participate and probably many other manufacturers that aren't sponsors would love to market their goods to the guys in the business. Plus it'd be cool to meet some of the people that frequent the site.

Maybe bobbygedd could have a stand up comedy routine one night for entertainment.

You guys probably already have looked into this but since this is my first year in the biz thought it'd be something worth attending if it happened.

2. budracin

budracin LawnSite Member
    from florida

they have one in louisville Ky every year.
  3. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think he meant LS has one every year, he meant a convention of pros at the EXPO in Louisville. Everyone could all meet at the South Wing, and head out to Bardstown Road for some festivities...LOL
  5. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus LawnSite Member

Would we need boxing gloves and referees?
  6. ill bring a kaber and we will introduce the highland games to the green industry .......gets some scots girls to do highland dance ....throw the kaber and hammer ....and of course for people who like to drink ...scotch whiskey for all lol ....now that would be a great time ..perk up a boreing trade show .....scotsmen in kilts throwing the kaber ...and scots girls in kilts showing their assets so to speak ...lol
  7. Up North

from MN

I know of the Expo in Louisville, but the timing isn't very good. Isn't it in October or something like that? Something in Jan. or Feb. would be a bit easier to make.
  8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I'm already there, Jack! Set it up!!Make sure to bring some Speyside double malt!! Always wanted to try the caber toss...
  9. Up North

from MN

Ever have one of those cabers come back down on your head? I have to admit that the highland games look like fun, but you best be in shape or you might get killed.

10. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

I also post on a ski forum. Every year we (the members) step up and organise a "summit". People vote on where they want to go and then usually some locals step up to the plate and help get things organised. We get the industry to sponsor and we do a fund raiser as part of the summit to raise money for a worthy cause. I was just thinking the other day that it would be cool to do something like that here.