Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Hello Everyone....

I wanted to let everyone know we have created a new policy at that we are going to test out for awhile. Everyone at this site knows the rules. If you don't go back and read them again.

Nevertheless, some members think that they are "above the law" when it comes to the rules we have implemented to keep this a professional forum for people to discuss the industry.

I recognize that at times there are heated debates and people make the mistake of going overboard. As some of you may know, I usually edit the post, send an email warning you, and leave it at that.

However, there are some people that just continue to break the rules. So the new policy is this....

If you make a dumb mistake, I will warn you via PM or email. If you blatantly break a rule again, you will be suspended from using the site for one week. After that one week, you will be reinstated with all of the same privileges.

After being reinstated, no matter who you are, no matter how long you have been at this site, if you blatantly break the rules again, you will be permanently banned from - no exceptions.

Be aware that the moderators can edit and delete and move posts. However, only I can actually ban someone. So please do not hold the moderators accountable for someone being suspended or banned.

This is something that I think will maintain the integrity of the site and allow make certain everyone here treats all members with courtesy and the respect they deserve.

Let me know what you think.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

3. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

I would say that is fair.
  4. turfmaster90

turfmaster90 LawnSite Member

Those are fair rules. I can abide by them!
  5. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Thank You!
  6. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I think that's more than fair. And I'm sure it will be appreciated by all but a very few.
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

not fair
  8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Why not? What do you mean? I don't understand? Please, please, please explain.....HELP! HELP! HELP!

I figured I'd respond just for the heck of it since I knew you would respond this way too! Have a good day bobby:)
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ha ha, I RESPONDED THAT WAY, cus i knew u would ask "why, why, why" . but seriously, now, as u may have heard, i got a D minus in anger management class, and if someone here should insult me, and i dont have the oportunity to insult them back, i may just....self combust, or do something crazy, u wouldnt want to be resonsible for this, would you? ok, hows this sound, i slip u a few bucks, and u let me slide on the "new rule?"
  10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I think it's a great idea. Just yesterday morning, I was browsing a thread, and this dude posts in all caps, in a clear violation of the rules, and finishes his post with "GET OVER THE CAPS IM NOT SCREAMING"
    I mean, what was the point of that?
    And another guy, in another thread, informed us that he would soon be posting an ethnic joke.
    "What do you get when crossing a native indian with an Italian?

send in your guesses and see for next week."

And to think of the times I got edited and scolded for posts that actually break no rules. I admit, if I don't like something, I speak up, but that's my nature. Especially if an opinion is asked for, I'll give it. If we all agreed on everything, how boring would that be?
    Crawdad ;)